A passionate gardener always tries to experiment with different gardening methods. The growing demand for making kitchen gardens has brought another term with itself that is raised bed gardens. Raised bed gardens are one of the oldest methods of gardening from medieval times. A small space with the right soil and proper care can harvest a large amount in raised bed garden.
If you are new to this, you are having some doubts and queries about this. So the first question should be,
Also check: crackedstreams
What is a raised bed garden?
Raised bed gardens are the plot that is a little higher from the ground level. It can be made by soil or making a frame of wood or metal and stacking the soil. These beds are small enough that gardeners can walk around them and plant trees in the beds without stepping into the garden. The standard size of raised bed garden is 3 to 4 ft breadth and 8 to 10 ft length. The depth of the beds is decided according to the plants that will be harvested in the beds.
What is the need for raised beds?
- Raised beds are more attractive than regular garden
- You can have control over the quality of the soil and the drainage.
- Proper space among different plants; no need to make pathways to walk around the garden.
- Easy to check on every plant due to its elevated height. Every detail is noticeable.
- Buy raised flower beds Vego Gardenthat comes with an easy maintenance solution. No need to bend or squat to take care of your plants.
- This is best for limited space.
- Easy in weed control and applying fertilizer and manure.
Things to keep in mind while installing Raised beds:
- Make your raised beds in a place where the plants get enough sunlight.
- Before containing the soil, mix the weed control, pesticide, and other fertilizers because they can not change the soil once poured into the beds.
- Don’t compact the soil tightly. Make the bed fluffy that will help to pass water and air. It helps the roots to grow faster.
- Don’t overcrowd the beds, that will not help the plants grow healthier
- Don’t overgrow the plants then the leaves will be bigger and make the bed less spacy
Another very popular choice to accessorize the garden is metal edging. Metal edging is the most recommended option by landscapers. It lasts for generations, and it is flexible enough for landscaping. Here are some reasons why do you need decorative metal garden edging
- Metal edging is the most preferred choice for landscape edging
- It creates a clean separation in your gardens.
- Helps the creeping plants stay in the boundary
- Will not damage and stays for years.
- Create the elegant look of your garden
- Create proper pathways inside your garden.
- Helps to keep away uninvited weeds
If you are a new gardener, consider these options while doing your garden. It will offer you some advantages while making your garden. The most important part is to have fun with it.